SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM 2021: Tails & Tales
Monday, June 7 – Friday, July 30
Get ready for a series of adventures this summer! Library staff have (digitally) travelled from the Arctic to the Amazon and beyond to find great activities and crafts for you. Themed activity bags are available each week for the toddler-kindergarten, 1st-4th grade, and 5th-12th grade sets. In addition to weekly outdoor family story times, we're offering monthly take-home interactive movie kits, storybook walks, themed teen book subscription boxes, book clubs, and more! Keep an eye on this page and library social media for updates.
Check out the following Special Summer Programs! All take-home bags and kits are available from Youth Services while supplies last.
- Break Into Summer Reading Bags (5th-12th grade): Monday, June 7
- Animal Reading Friends (youth of all ages): Wednesday, June 9, 16, & 23 from 10:30-11:30 AM
- Stark Parks Owl Visit (all ages): Thursday, June 24 @ 1 PM
- *Outside Owl Diaries Club (youth of all ages): Thursday, June 10, 17, & 24 @ 1 PM
- Mini Canvas Art Show (all ages): Monday, June 14
- *Lit Loot: A Teen Book Subscription Service (5th-12th grade): Friday, June 11 (Animal "Tails"), July 9 (Whodunnit?), & August 13 (Dystopia)
- Family Interactive Movie Kits (all ages)
- *DIY Book Nook Workshop (5th-12th grade): Thursday, July 8
- *Outside Dog Man Club (youth of all ages): Thursday, July 15, 22, & 29 @ 1 PM
- Paw Patrol Packs (youth of all ages): July 19
* = Registration required.
Follow a picture book on signs around the library and elementary school. A new story goes up each month!
- May: The Empty Pot by Demi
- June: A Tale of Two Beasts by Fiona Robertson
- July: We're Going on a Lion Hunt by David Axtell
- August: Over on a Desert by Marianne Berkes
Outdoor Story Times on Tuesdays @ 11 AM
Enjoy stories, songs, and other early learning fun al fresco beginning June 8! No registration required—just show up on the back library lawn on Tuesdays at 11 AM. Please bring your own blanket.
Animal Activity Bags
Each week, the library will put out new take-and-make bags for 3 different age ranges: toddler-kindergarten, 1st-4th grade, and 5th-12th grade. The themes are as follows:
- June 7-12: Pet Palooza
- Toddler-K: Pete the Cat's Groovy Button Bracelets
- 1st-4th: Animal Friend Coasters
- 5th-12th: Cat Grass Planters
- June 14-19: Arctic & Amazon
- Toddler-K: Rainsticks
- 1st-4th: Polar Bear Newspaper Art
- 5th-12th: Parrot Pony Bead Lanyard
- June 21-26: Destination: Desert
- Toddler-K: Hanging Spiral Snake
- 1st-4th: Camel Race STEAM
- 5th-12th: Mini Potted Rock Cactus
- June 28-July 3: Out to Sea
- Toddler-K: Leaping Dolphin Craft
- 1st-4th: Godseye Turtle
- 5th-12th: Braided Merpeople Tail Keychains
- July 5-10: Fantastic Creatures
- Toddler-K: Get Well Teddy Bear
- 1st-4th: Create A Fantastic Creature
- 5th-12th: Model Magic Dragon Eyes
- July 12-17: Up, Up & Away
- Toddler-K: Dragon Blowers
- 1st-4th: Soaring Vulture STEAM
- 5th-12th: Bird Bean Art
- July 19-24: Wild & Domestic
- Toddler-K: Old McDonald's Farm Set
- 1st-4th: Sloth Bookmark
- 5th-12th: Pig Pop-Up Card
- July 26-30: Creatures Great & Small
- Toddler-K: Beaded Worms
- 1st-4th: Model Magic Animal
- 5th-12th: Polymer Owl Picture Holder
For additional details, keep an eye on our social media or ask at the youth desk.
Animal Reading Friends (ARF):
Sign up to read with one of our gentle Animal Reading Friends (ARF!) in this program that pairs school age children with dogs to improve their reading skills and foster a lifelong love of reading. Runs Wednesdays, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM, June 9-23. Registration strongly suggested.
Check out books between June 7-July 30 for a chance to win a Kindle! Every day you check something out, you’ll earn a ticket for our drawing on August 2.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Email Kathy Heller at firstname.lastname@example.org, Sarah Pearson at email@example.com, or Laken Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org